Friday, November 21, 2008

The orders are being written

Harrison will go home today! He has been such a brave little boy! The dr. just came in and said that everything looks good and he will send us home today. No telling when because the paperwork seems to take a long time. I personally can't wait to get a hot shower and some sleep in a real bed. We will go to my parents for the weekend where we have some extra help.

Please pray that Harrison can eat calmly. It is so difficult because he is very hungry, but when he goes to drink out of the bottle like he use to, it does not feel the same to him. This makes him scared and mad! Trying to "force" a child to keep a bottle in his mouth so he can learn how to eat again is really really hard! It is really hard for him because his tongue has tons of stitches and is swollen to the point that it fills his mouth (it is not a pretty picture). Despite how it sounds it does not hurt. I know it does not hurt b/c he is willing to suck his tongue and put toys in his mouth. I think the eating thing is just so much harder because he can't swallow and suck like he use to be able to.

I put pictures in the post below (b/c blogger would not let me write on that post). You can tell his tongue does not hang out like it use to. He still has a lot of hard work and adjustments ahead, but he is doing well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abbey,
If you need anything please let me know. I thought you guys were here having surgery and I did not realize that you were in St. Louis until I re-read everything. Sorry, I have been in my own little world with Reagan.
thinking and praying for you and your son,
jessica O
jaotterbacher@yahoo.com