Thursday, March 27, 2008

Went by so fast...

Harrison has had a very very busy week and is now home in Columbia, MO!  We drove him home today with little fanfare except that Finley the dog crawled into the back of the wagon nearly an hour before it was time to go. He was just making sure it was safe for the Super H before we got on the road.

Okay, so, let's recap the week of events...

1.  Scott put the stroller together.  Mmmmm, stuff to put together...nice.


2.  Great Grandma Jane came over, and he slept the whole time until she left.  Then, he cried all night.


3.  We took a Marsh family photo which took forever because Scott was taking it, and even after all that time Harrison was still not looking at the camera.  Classic baby.


4.  Grandpa Jeff held Harrison as Abbey said, "No, Dad, I don't remember when I was that small."


5.  Harrison got his first bath which was really cool except that now we have the naked baby pictures I told my parents I'd NEVER keep of my kids.


6.  He visited with our friends Erin and Gretchen until he wouldn't stop staring at Gretchen which totally freaked her out so they had to go back to Columbia.  I paid him five bucks to do it. Fun party trick.  Seriously...check out those eyes!!!

  

7.  He fell asleep nearly a million times in this totally cute woven basket bassinet from the Pflegers!


8.  He didn't think his dad was funny.


9.  Harrison's Aunt Betsy, Aunt Heidi, and Uncle Scott totally fell in love with him.  This lasted even after Betsy needed to change her shirt which was really nice timing on Harrison's part.


10.  AND, we opened the secret envelope and confirmed that he was a boy indeed.



He also visited with the Schmalken and son, the Holdens, Kelly (Abbey's student teacher), the Maureens, Mary from across the street (who also brought cupcakes which changed absolutely everything about the whole day by the way) and numerous other people who stopped by to say yo.  He is the absolute cutest kid on the block (a title he'll keep, that is, until the lady I saw walking through the neighborhood this morning has her baby because the prize pretty much always goes to the newest newborn.

No comments: