Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Henry met his match



So over the last few weeks we have seen Henry's true colors. We have learned that he is extremely strong willed and knows exactly what he wants and does not want. I have been wanting Henry to take a bottle for a few months and he has refused. When he has been with a sitter he just does not eat. If we are out and I can't feed him he just waits. He actually did not seem to mind to much, but I did not like him skipping meals because he did not want a bottle. A few weeks ago I decided that I would not nurse him he had to have a bottle. He woke up on Monday morning and nursed at 7 am. He did not eat again until 7 am the next day when he drank his bottle (24 hour stand off). Scott and I both offered him a bottle many times during those 24 hours. He actually did not cry unless the bottle was around. He also sleep through the night without waking up. The next morning, he cried for about 2 minutes until he decided to take the bottle. Now he takes a bottle at least once a day. He is even learning to hold a bottle all by himself.

He actually also now screams whenever any thing he has is taken from him. For instance he had tons of toys all around him but he wanted Harrison's matching cards so he screamed and held his breath. If you hear him you would think he was being hurt. He knows what he wants. WOW!

2 comments:

John Kincaid said...

Hey Abbey--this post completely cracked me up...what an adorable little stinker you have...and only 7(almost 8) months old ;) I hope you guys are doing well...I've been meaning to call you and catch up a little. We will be in St.Louis this summer and would love to try to see you if it can work. Have a great day!!

Kristen

Leslie said...

Wow! What a personality!