Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Out of surgery

Harrison is out of the operating room and upstairs in the pediatric ICU now.  Though I'm sure Harrison would seriously disagree with you, the surgery was uneventful.  He was going through moments of holding his breath just after surgery in the recovery room, but with a little prodding he picked it up and once again showed his will to get through it.


Before coming upstairs to the PICU, we stopped for a while in the post-anesthesia care unit where he made a scene with his loud snoring.  It was so cute! What a sweet little boy we have!!!


I, Scott, was given some more time off today to spend with Harrison and Abbey after surgery, so I drove to St. Louis and arrived within fifteen minutes of the end of the surgery and didn't miss a single minute of time with him postoperatively.  Getting the time off was a huge blessing. Dr Koivunen, the surgery residency director, through Gretchen Lynch our resident coordinator, recognized where my heart and responsibility was today, and she pushed me out the door after conference this morning to my car and said I was excused for the day.  What a wonderful surprise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is all good news! Tommy and I will be praying for Harrison's recovery and his parents too!
Gail